To weight or not to weight? There are strong ūüí™ opinions to the question.

If your student is applying for NCAA eligibility, they require unweighted GPAs. Also, some state community college systems (e.g. NC) require unweighted GPAs.

Our software grants 1/2 quality pt. weighting to courses prefixed with the Honors: label, but we strongly advise unaccredited homeschool programs to limit this type of classification.

More acceptable is the AP: label which provides 1 quality pt. weighting for students that have completed an AP exam.

Dual enrollment college credits should be unweighted. Typically, a 3-5 credit college course taken in one semester converts to a one year long, 1 credit high school course.

Next Article >